We love a good red velvet cupcake, and adding Haskapa berry powder to them makes the not only more delicious, more brightly coloured and also a little bit healthier too.
Here's our recipe for these gorgeous cupcakes;
- 240g white whole wheat flour, or gluten free flour
- 240ml of milk or plant milk (we like Oatly oat milk)
- 120g of non fat Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 40g of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 24g of granulated stevia
- 2 tsp of Haskapa berry powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 15g of coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp of vanilla bean extract
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tsp of vanilla stevia
- 2 tsp of organic red food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C (fan), and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases
- Sieve together all the dry ingredients; the whole wheat flour, the stevia, Haskapa powder, cocoa powder, and baking soda
- In a separate bowl mix together the coconut oil, egg whites, milk, yoghurt, vanilla extract and vanilla stevia. Then carefully stir in the red food colouring.
- Carefully add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, we've found it best to add the flour in four separate parts, until everything is mixed
- Divide the mixture into the cupcake cases and place the muffin tin in the oven for 15-20mins. Once cooked pop the cupcake cases onto a wire rack to cool
- Once cooled dust with icing sugar
- Then enjoy!