Recipe by @veganeatssheffield
Makes 5-6 pancakes
These purple pancakes are quick, easy, healthy AND vegan, and they are the perfect texture!
- ½ banana (save the other ½ to serve sliced on top of the pancakes)
- 100ml plant milk of choice
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp oil of choice
- ½ cup (around 95g) plain flour (or buckwheat flour to make gluten-free)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 heaped tsp Haskapa haskap berry powder
- ½ cup (or 1-2 handfuls) fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
- Mash the ½ banana with a fork, and then stir in the other wet ingredients. Then stir in all the dry ingredients until sufficiently mixed.
- At this point stir in the blueberries if using.
- Put a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. If need, use a bit of oil to grease the pan, then let the oil heat up for a couple of minutes.
- Ladle some of the mix into the pan, to the desired size of pancake. Cook for a couple of minutes – when bubbles appear on top, use a spatula to flip it. Fry the other side for a similar amount of time.
- Serve with various toppings of choice, for example: sliced banana, berries, nut butter or seed butter, cacao nibs and/or desiccated coconut.
- Dig in!