We love this perfect French Toast recipe by chef Sotiris Evangelou @my_culinary_voyage
- Brioche loaf cut into 3cm thick slices*
- 4 large eggs
- 150ml double cream
- 1tbs castor sugar
- 1/2tsp ground nutmeg
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g butter
- Haskapa berry powder
*you can use regular thick bread slices but it tastes much better with brioche bread. Also it’s best to use brioche or bread which is slightly stale (but obviously not mouldy). This way the bread will not turn soggy when you soak it in the egg mix.
- Whisk the eggs, double cream, castor sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon together until all the ingredients are combined and the egg mixture loosens.
- Cut your brioche slices diagonally to form triangles. Soak in the egg mix until the brioche starts to soften.
- In a large shallow frying pan melt 50g butter on a low heat. Turn up to a medium heat and add your brioche slices. You should fry each side for around a minute or until you have a nice golden brown colour.
- Remove from pan and serve with Greek yoghurt, honey, fruits of choice (I love berries on mine), jam and of course a generous sprinkling of Haskapa berry powder.
Other toppings you could use include bananas, mango, pomegranate, whipped cream, maple syrup, Nutella, Lotus Biscuit spread. Anything you want really, experiment, be creative!