Recipe by @food_to_glow
"Here's another sweet version of my nutritious "Keto Crackers". This time using Haskapa berry powder. I make sweet & savoury versions every week to satisfy my love of crunchy textures."
- 1/2 cup whole pecans (50g)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (70g)
- 1/2 cup whole raw almonds (65g)
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds (35g)
- 1 tbsp ground psyllium
- 3/4 cup water (170ml)
- 50 g butter (scant 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp Swerve erythritol brown "sugar" or real granulated suga
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Haskapa haskap berry powder
- 1 tsp avocado oil or other neutral oil
- 75g dark chocolate
- Freeze-dried raspberry bits (optional)
- Heat your oven to 140C fan/160C/320F. Lightly oil a piece of parchment paper & place on a baking sheet.
- Chop the nuts so they are about the same size as the sunflower seeds.
- Mix all seeds & nuts in a bowl with the psyllium & water. Let sit 5 mins.
- Spread evenly and thinly over the prepared baking sheet. A few little gaps are fine - the psyllium will hold it together.
- Place on the middle oven rack, baking for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes remove tray & cut into squares or rectangles. Return to bake a further 20 minutes.
- Ideally let cool in oven before proceeding but you can cool on the counter.
- While the crackers cool, make the berry toffee layer & melt the chocolate. Make the berry toffee by gently melting the butter & sugar until sugar is dissolved & bubbling at the edges. Remove from heat & add the vanilla & Haskapa berry powder.
- Separately, gently melt the chocolate with the oil.
- Break apart the crackers & quickly paint on the berry toffee with a silicone pastry brush. It doesn't need to completely cover.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes then drizzle over the chocolate.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. They must be dry & cool, otherwise they soften up. Keeps well for a week.