This luscious baked cheesecake is something truly special. We took inspiration from @servedinlondon to create this delicious haskap berry version of a classic baked cheesecake. Note - this cheesecake improves with age, so prepare a day or two before for best results!
"I love adding a spoonful of HASKAPA berry powder in any desserts or breakfast bowls, it adds a tad bit of extra flavour & it is genuinely soooo good on a cheesecake"
- 75g unsalted butter
- 200g digestive biscuits
- zest of 1 lemon
The Blueberry and Haskap Coulis
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- 150g blueberries
- 4 tbsp Haskapa haskap berry powder
- 450g full fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 150g sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Gently melt the unsalted butter in small pan. Meanwhile place the digestive biscuits in a large mixing bowl. Use the end of a rolling pin to crush biscuits into fine crumbs. Mix biscuit crumbs together with the melted butter and lemon zest. Evenly spread and press mixture into a 9 inch (23 cm) square pan and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes. Use a non-stick pan or line with baking parchment.
- To make the coulis; combine the lemon juice, caster sugar, cinnamon, blueberries and haskap berry powder together in a small pan. Bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes. Leave to one side to let cool.
- To make the cheesecake; combine the cream cheese with the sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Gently whisk until the mixture is smooth and all ingredients are combined well.
- Remove the square pan from fridge and pour the cheesecake mixture onto the base.
- Carefully spoon the coulis over the cheesecake mixture. Swirl and mix to taste.
- Preheat oven to 140ºC. Bake the cheesecake for 45-50 minutes. Then leave to cool in the oven for 1 hour. Be careful not to remove the cheesecake too quickly from the oven, as this can cause the surface to crack.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with fresh berries and a sprinkle of haskap powder on top. Enjoy!