Thanks to nutritionist Neleta Winter (@nourishflourishnutrition) for providing this delicious & healthy purple pancake recipe!
These honestly taste as good as they look - give them a try next time you're craving an indulgent breakfast treat.
- 1 cup Oat Flour (Blend rolled oats in a food processor)
- 2 tbsp Haskapa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 small pear or banana
- 1/2 courgette
- 1 cm Ginger root
- 1 small beetroot
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or 2 eggs
- Add all the ingredients into a high speed blender, along with enough milk to make a thick batter. (You can make up the smoothie base first with just the pear, courgette, Ginger, beetroot and haskapa powder with milk and then add to the oat flour and baking powder)
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat
- Once hot, spoon the thick batter into the pan and cook both sides
- Remove the cooked pancakes and continue cooking the remaining batter
- Serve with a some more berries and a good drizzle of dark chocolate