These haskap and blueberry muffins are the perfect mid-afternoon treat. Quick and easy to bake and bursting with a vibrant mix of berry flavours, we're big fans of this recipe by @lelfoodworld
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 80g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chia seed powder
- 1stp Haskapa haskap berry powder
- Pea milk
- Lemon juice
- 75g melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 150g blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Line muffin tray with paper cases.
- Sift 250g of self raising flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 80g brown sugar, 2 tbsp chia seed powder, 1 tsp Haskapa powder & a pinch of salt into a bowl.
- Add 125 ml of pea milk to a cup and add lemon juice. Leave for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 75g melted butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 eggs and all the pea milk (with lemon juice).
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well.
- Roughly mix everything together with a fork, be careful not to over mix!
- Dust 150g blueberries with 1 tsp self raising flour. Pour blueberries into the rough mix.
- Place mix into muffin tin and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and leave them to cool in the tin for 5 mins. Then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.